Area Councils Overview
It is generally recognized that nationally and locally the Boys & Girls Club Movement must have the active participation of board volunteers if it is to progress and attain its greatest potential in service to youth.
Area Councils have been an important and powerful force in the Boys & Girls Club Movement since 1944. Since that time, Area Councils have been organized in every state and, in some states; several Area Councils have been formed. Area Councils provide the chief medium for securing and maintaining the interest and active participation of board volunteers in national and regional Boys & Girls Club affairs.
The National Area Council Committee is established under authority of the Constitution of Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Its members are appointed by the chairperson of the National Board of Governors and selected to assure broad geographical representation.Rick Nagel, Member of the National Area Council Committee and Former Club Youth of the Year, shares the importance of the National Area Council Committee as a forum for fellowship and networking among board volunteers for the good of the Movement.
Area Council Resources:
- NEW~Structure Involving Area Councils
- AREA COUNCIL MAP
- Area Councils – Listen Lead and Educate
- Area Council Excellence Standards
- Orientation of New AC Chairs
- National Area Council Committee Charter
- Responsibilities Performance Standards of NACC Members Agreement
- Suggested Format for Conducting AC Mtgs
- Area Council Bylaws
- NACC Master ROSTER 1-2015